Occupational Health & Safety
Edgecorp Constructions’ Occupational Health & Safety Management System Complies with AS/NZS 4801.
Edgecorp Constructions is committed to ensuring that all its business operations are conducted in a manner that protects the health, safety and welfare of all employees, contractors, visitors, clients and the public. This is a major priority across all our worksites, as we aim to operate incident and injury-free.
To support this positive safety culture we have developed a Safety Management System which drives continuous safety improvement targeted at early identification of potential workplace hazards.
Edgecorp Constructions aims to:
- Comply with all Occupational Health and Safety legislations as a mandatory requirement
- Empower the workforce to behave safely and in a manner which does not compromise their own safety
- Provide written policies and procedures to ensure a safe system of work is developed, implemented and reviewed on a regular basis
- Ensure that the Edgecorp Constructions Safety Management System and project plans are developed considering risk associated with the construction method
- Ensure that employees and contractors comply with OH&S policy, procedure and controls as detailed in risk assessments or safe work method statements
- Provide and maintain a safe work place and working conditions
Edgecorp Constructions’ Quality Assurance Management System Complies with ISO 9001.
Edgecorp Constructions is committed to building a strong reputation for delivering quality construction projects, products and services to meet the satisfaction of all clients no matter the size, complexity or criteria of the project.
Competent management, onsite teamwork, reliable and knowledgeable trades people who understand the responsibility for delivering quality outcomes and can demonstrate product conformance to specified requirements ensures client satisfaction on all construction projects.
Edgecorp Constructions aim to:
- Train and develop the skills of our staff to ensure our business is run by competent and skilled people capable of handling all tasks
- Ensure our quality management system is compliant by continually reviewing, updating and maintaining a plan which reflects our business operations, all codes, statutory obligations and client requirements
- Continue to improve processes by measuring past performance and targets
Environmental Management System
Edgecorp Constructions’ Environmental Management System Complies with ISO 14001.
Edgecorp Constructions aims to minimise the impacts to the environment by preserving the ecological wellbeing of any Edgecorp Constructions site and the community.
Edgecorp Constructions has implemented an Environmental Management Policy which is aimed to manage the site construction activities in a manner that allows for all environmental issues to be recognized and evaluated for their impact and preventive or corrective procedures developed whilst encouraging an environmental culture and adopting procedures to deal with environmental hazards.
Edgecorp Constructions completes this by encouraging an environmental culture and adopting procedures to deal with environmental hazards.
Edgecorp Constructions' main objectives are to:
- Minimise material consumption and pollution produced from construction activities
- Use renewable or recyclable materials
- Protect the natural environment
- Create a healthy non-toxic construction and work environment for employees and the public
- Maximise material re-use
- Comply with all legislative requirements
- Use energy efficient equipment and natural lighting